Sunday, November 20, 2011

Lunch Made Easy: Why Did the Turkey Cross the Road?

Why did the turkey cross the road?
Because it was the chickens day off. *ba-dump-bump-shh*

Photobucket


So first let me start be saying, I had different intentions for this lunch -
This weeks challenge on the Bento Blog Network was Egg Sheets. I had never done them before. I tried. I failed. lol
My idea was to incorporate both a turkey sandwich and egg sheet challenge together by making the feathers out of different color dyed egg sheets. Would've been cute right? Well, after I made my first egg sheet, the texture was weird and I was not at all pleased with it. I could've used it, honestly, but I knew Little Miss wouldn't eat it so I wasn't going to put it in her lunch knowing that. Oh well. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. :)

Since my egg sheets didn't work so well ;) I made the feathers from cheese instead.
The sandwich is filled with sunbutter & jelly. 

Top right are homemade chocolate cupcakes Little Miss and I baked on Saturday. The recipe we used was based on the King Arthur's Flour Cake-Pan Cake recipe, with some minor changes.

Bottom right is apple slices, cucumber slices, and some baby carrots.

All packed in an EasyLunchBox.

Okay, one more for the road -
What sound does a space turkey make?

Hubble, hubble, hubble.  *ba-dump-bump-shh*



4 comments:

  1. I agree! Great feathers :)And there is that cake you were taking about! mmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both :)

    @Corey - they were delish too! great recipe because there are no eggs, so you can lick the batter bowl clean (hehe) and not overly rich! turned out more like a chocolate muffin, so then the sweet drizzle icing I made separate for the top gave it just the right amount of sweetness. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...