Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Lunch Made Easy: Chebe Pizza Muffin (+ Recipe)

I've been using these Chebe Pizza Muffins in Little Miss' lunchbox for almost two months now. I've received a few comments and even emails asking me about them and to post the specifics of how I make them. Sooooo since Little Miss and I needed to bake up another batch over this past weekend, I decided to post the pics I took on the "how-to" with tomorrows lunch. :)

First lunch:

Little Miss has a Chebe Pizza Muffin in a blue flower silicon cup along with some watermelon slices.

Top left are two soft-baked Snickerdoodle EnjoyLife cookies. Top Right is a baby spinach side salad.


Now... for Pizza Muffins :)

First, let me start off by saying I've now made these with both the Chebe Cheese Bread mix AND the Chebe Pizza Crust mix. They both work and taste great, but overall I prefer the consistency working with the Chebe Cheese Bread mix better - just keep that in mind if purchasing the mix specifically for these.

The great thing about Chebe mixes are they are naturally gluten-free and allergy friendly. They're fairly inexpensive too - Only $2.99 at my local grocer! Which makes them great for baking projects like this or for making sandwich breads too.

To make your Chebe Pizza Muffins:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray your muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.

Prepare dough, per package instructions. I always add the "suggested sharp cheese" to the doughy mix, as well.



Taking about a 2" piece of dough, lightly stuff it into the bottom of your muffin pan.


Top with a tsp of marinara and shredded cheese of choice.

Using the rest of the dough, distribute amongst the cups creating a "top" for each of the cups and lightly stuffing it in around the edges so that the top & bottom dough pieces will be able to bake together when cooked.

I recommend using this method because if you've used Chebe mixes before you know that the consistency is not the same to work with as your typical "doughs" so you can't just create a pocket and cover easily. I've tried - it was messy. LOL

Sprinkle with some additional cheese the very tops and bake for for 18-20 minutes.


I choose not to bake my in my silicon cups just in a silicon muffin pan. After they've cooled, I move them into individual cups for storing/ keeping. This makes them easy for grab & go! I can just grab one cup from the freezer as needed.


We baked this batch over the weekend and I keep them in an airtight container in the freezer.
This morning, knowing I wanted one for her lunch tomorrow, I pulled one from the freezer and placed into the fridge.

The silicon cups are perfect if you and/or your kiddos have access to a micrwave at lunch to heat it up!
In the AM before school, I'll pop it into the microwave before sending her off to school just to give it a fresh "reheat" so she can enjoy at room temperature (which she loves - she'd eat it cold even. lol, her teacher actually has a mircowave in the classroom she will let the kiddos use - with her help of course - if they ever want to heat up foods).

Enjoy!








2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! I love the little pizza muffins :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would be a great alternative to my mini bagel pizzas that I send for school lunches too, which they grew tired of it. I would like to try this out and see how my kids would love them. I'm sure they would and another great idea to add into my combination bentos. Thanks for the recipe share! Love them.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...