Monday, January 16, 2012

Lunch Made Easy: I love you to the moon and back.

I always like to incorporate things Little Miss is learning about in school into her lunches when I can. (Such as her Apple Day lunch or Very Hungry Caterpillar bentos to name a couple.)
Right now they have been learning about the solar system. They just finished learning about the sun and next are moving onto the moon and stars.

Photobucket
I had done a Lost in Space themed bento for Little Miss before so I wanted to make this one different.
What a great opportunity to enjoy breakfast for lunch AND use my Williams Sonoma Outer Space Pancake Molds! :)
Photobucket

I made Little Miss a pancake using the moon mold pictured above.
Photobucket

I then used the remaining batter to make an additional pancake. I cutout a few stars using my cookie cutters after cooking it.

Photobucket

As for the rest of the lunch, what goes with pancakes? Eggs & meat of course, lol. Top right is a hardboiled egg done in my star egg mold. There are also a few beef stick bites beside it.
Bottom right has a container with a small amount of syrup in it for dipping her pancake, four star shaped cheese crackers, and blueberries around the container.
Lunch is packed inside an EasyLunchBoxes container.


4 comments:

  1. Very adorable! I love those pancake molds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I'm too scared to try those molds, even though I have them. Pancakes and I don't get along well, if I'm the one cooking...

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...