Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Lunch Made Easy: ♫ I want a hippopotamus for Christmas ♪ {Advent School Lunches, Christmas Countdown!}

Only 21 days left on our Advent School Lunch, Christmas Countdown!
 
Little Miss loves listening to Holiday Music this time of year. One of her favorite songs happens to be "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas". Y'all can thank me later for getting the song stuck in your head today! lol
 
 
I will tell you, I knew Little Miss would love the humor in this school lunch, but I had no idea when we were making it last night I would also get a big squeeze of a hug and told "your da' best Mama!" *sniffle* All worth it, and then some.
 
I made Little Miss' hippopotamus from our King Arthur Flour Gluten Free pancake mix (KAF Gluten Free mixes are made in a Top 8 Allergy Free Facility), adding a little red coloring for his santa hat. The "white puff" (as Little Miss calls it) is made from whipped cream cheese.
 
She also has some pears with a kiwi Christmas tree on top and cute little musical note picks scattered around it.
 
Top right I had to give her a little side salad for her veggies, since you know, the hippo is a vegetarian! ;)
 
It was there I also snuck in a musical note made from cheese and our advent countdown number of "21".
 
Beside her reindeer fork, is a Lunchbox Love Note from their Christmas Collection.
 
 
 
Photobucket
 
 
 
  
 
    

2 comments:

  1. Yum! And yes, I am singing along in my head now, lol! Such a cute lunch! Thanks for linking up again at Switch It Up Sandwich Linky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pancake hippo! It looks great! Now I want to make some shaped pancakes this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...