Friday, September 9, 2011

Lunch Made Easy: Football Friday!!

Last night while watching the Packers v Saints game (and flipping to the Arizona v OSU game while that was on commercial) I was inspired to make Little Miss  a football themed lunch!
Our house is a football FANATIC home! All sports really but Sunday afternoons are sacred. I'm a Colts fan... my boyfriend loves his Lions... and last year Little Miss declared her team would be the Jaguars. She chose them because Diego has a Jaguar and she thought that was pretty cool! :)
Had I planned ahead I could have bought a few more football picks or inspired items but with what I had on hand, I think it turned out pretty cute. She loved it. She even wore her Jaguar socks to school today, lol.



I made her a mini sub sandwich and melted some mozz. cheese on top for 10 seconds in the microwave for the laces of the ball (so they would stay melted into the bread).
Tucked to the left of the sammy are two cucumber slices I also cut into football spheroid shapes.
I then used some bologna stacked cut into football shapes (football... pigskins...bolonga... get it? lol, I know, it's a stretch) then drew the laces with a food color pen.
I created a goal post and star cutouts with cheese.
There a few grapes scattered and everything is laying on a bed of romaine to give it some green like grass. :)
On the right are some tortilla chips and apple slices.
For dessert, shown at the very top, is a rice krispy treat with a message from Mama for her.



Everything fits snuggly into one container.
Not pictured: Fruitables Juice Box





6 comments:

  1. I go big on Fridays and I thought this week would have a football & marching band theme. Arizona State is playing Illinois (I grew up in AZ and went to every ASU game as a kid) and now my son is in the Illinois marching band. I might have to borrow an idea here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how cool! I can't wait to see how it turns out!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, Keeley! My little one is a football nut and I may have to do this for our homecoming week! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! I love this! We are HUGE football fans here too! ;) In fact, I have a weekly football "tailgate" link party featuring all things football-themed and would love to have you link this up! :) http://www.momendeavors.com/2011/09/college-football-saturday-tailgate-week-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Sara! I will def do that! :) Can't wait to see the other ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking up, Keeley! If you have any more fun football ideas, come link them up! :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...