Wednesday, December 4, 2013

{Christmas Countdown} Advent Lunches: ♫ Oh Spinach Tree, Oh Spinach Tree! ♫

Thursday's school lunch pays homage to an Advent Lunch of Christmas past... 

We made an "Oh Spinach Tree" lunch in 2011 and I thought it would be fun and festive to do another play on it again. 

{20 Days Until Christmas}

I made a base of spinach and carrot salad. I chopped up shredded mozzarella cheese for her in small dices so it would look like snow falling around the tree and on the “ground”. I then did a layer of spinach leaves shaped into a tree and added a star on top with our countdown number, written with food safe marker.

Also packed is a gluten & allergy friendly muffin bite shaped into a Christmas wreath and strawberry slices.


Photobucket


 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my...very healthy and creative!! Love it!!! check out my blog at kitchenfunwithziggy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...