Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Lunch Made Easy: An Elephant Never Forgets

A LunchBox Love Note was the inspiration behind this bento!
I had bought a set of sandwich cutters from my Dollar Tree a few months ago that contained an Elephant, Rhino, & Alligator. I hadn't used them yet, so it was the perfect time to try out the Elephant.

The cutter happens to be bigger than our Udi's bread slices so I had to piece the SunButter & Honey sandwich together. I was so excited because our grocer finally got in the Udi's Whole Grain (nut, dairy, soy, & gluten free) bread. So this is her first sandwich on that particular kind.
His ear is made of swiss cheese and so is his eye. It's also colored in with a food safe marker. He's walking on a bed of sugar snap peas.

Top right is pear dices with two "tooth picks" of red seedless grapes. Totally the perfect time to use these tooth picks since it also goes with the Love Note theme. (I had actually purchased these picks on Oriental Trading, then Ludicrous Mama gifted me a couple too. Thanks Mama! Now I have extra for sharing more "bento blessings"!)

Top left is a gluten-free chocolate chip mini muffin with an elephant pick, surrounding by a cheese stick cut into bite size pieces. (Can you feel the love? The adorable elephant pick was a gift from my girl over at Bentoriffic. Thanks lady cakes!!)

Lunch is packed in an EasyLunchBoxes container.




4 comments:

  1. Big D's bottom front teeth are loose! I am in serious need of those uber cute picks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Giant elephant teeth! Very cute lunch :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not found these yet at my dollar tree... SIGH... would you perhaps post a picture of the packaging to make them easier to find?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha LadyCakes. Any time :) Love the lunch!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...