Sunday, February 19, 2012

Lunch Made Easy: Happy Presidents' Day!

Here in the good ol' U. S. of A. Monday is recognized as Presidents' Day. Many schools have a three day weekend, but not Little Miss - off to school she goes! So, a fun themed bento seemed appropriate. :)


I made Little Miss SunButter & honey Abe Lincoln and George Washington sandwiches. (Nevermind that George Washington could also be confused as an elderly woman with curlers in her hair, lol.)
I chose Abe & George since both of their respective birthdays are also in February (Abe Lincoln - February 12th and George Washington - February 22nd).

I made Lincoln's top hat and beard from an all natural organic strawberry fruit strip.
Washington's "powdered wig" is made of mini marshmallows. Each "glued" on by small dabs of honey.

I know what you're thinking... wow Keeley, you totally nailed their facial features. I know, shocking right? I think I captured their true American spirit in their eyes. :-P
The eyes and mouth were drawn on with my Betty Crocker Easy Writer pens.

Abe's hat is being held up by four organic baby carrots. Next to the carrots is a small amount of new EnjoyLife Plentils, Light Sea Salt flavor. (Look for these in your stores early March!)

On top of the Plentils are alphabet cookies spelling out "U S A".

Top left are red & blue - strawberries & blueberries.
Top right are star cutout red delicious apples and a babybel cheese I also cut a star out of the wax on.

Lunch is packed inside an EasyLunchBoxes container.


1 comment:

Let me know your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...