Monday, February 27, 2012

Lunch Made Easy: GF Chicken Taco

Day two of gluten and peanut free lunches. :)

Side note: Little Miss had brown rice pasta Mac n' Cheese tonight and ate it like a champ! I wasn't sure how she'd respond since it is a noticeable difference in taste. She did in fact notice but I made it so cheesy I don't think she cared. lol :) Plus she's totally on board with trying new things to help her tummy feel better (LOVE that girl!)

Back to lunch -


Little Miss has a gluten-free corn tortilla shell with a few spinach leaves, shredded cheese, and leftover grilled chicken breast pieces from dinner inside.

She also has a couple On The Border tortilla chips (GF), some cheddar cheese bites, and two HomeFree mini crunch chocolate chip cookies (gluten and nut free).

Top left compartment is a few organic baby carrots and sugar snap peas.
Top right is a mandarin orange and red seedless grape fruit medley.

Lunch is packed inside an EasyLunchBoxes container.



In case you missed it, I went back and added notes at the bottom of yesterday's post (Day 1) that included what else Little Miss had to eat today. I am going to try and remember to do this based on what I have planned for each day (I'll try to remember to go back and edit if plans change also).

Day 2 Meals
Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs and Fruit
Snack for School: EnjoyLife SunButter Crunch Bar (free of Top 8 allergens)
Lunch: Details posted above
Dinner: Crockpot Beef and Bean Chili (made with GF friendly products)



7 comments:

  1. Do you know how long it takes to tell if the gluten free diet is working? I wish the just made a test for it already! Cute cute lunch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are tests to find out if you are gluten intolerant, but they are not 100%, and it takes going to a doctor and getting stool samples and other samples. If eating gluten free makes people feel better then they should eat gluten free. I was never formally tested, but I went gluten free to see if that was what made me sick all the time, and my tummy troubles cleared up a lot, so now I just say I am gluten intolerant even though I was never tested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of using a pick to keep taco closed in lunch. Have you ever tried using the pills GlutenEase by EnzyMedica or Gluten-zyme by Country Life? My kiddo is on a GF diet cause it gives her tummy aches too when she does eat something that has gluten as a precaution I give her one and she has had positive results, though we dont make a habit of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. woops- You can buy it at whole foods

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Big Momma! I was going to ask about those pills when I read about them on your blog post - we don't have a whole foods by us. :/
    I should look at my health food store though, thank you!
    Right now, we're trying to eliminate it completey to see if it makes a difference. Once the "trial" is over, that's great info in case she does have some!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...