Friday, October 21, 2011

Lunch Made Easy: Have a Spooktacular Day!

Halloween is just so darn fun :)


 



Today's Lunch -

Creepy Face (laying on a bed of matchstick carrots)
  • Deviled Egg Eyes - tinted the filling with green food coloring, added raisins for the pupils, and used my red BC food writer pen to create the veins
  • Monster Mouth - like the Hillbilly Teeth, I used SUNBUTTER and mini-marshmallows between two apple slices
Brain & Spider
  • Macaroni Ball in a pumpkin cupcake liner with a purple spider ring crawling ontop
Green Monster
  • Cucumber Slices stacked, with candy eyes and a gel icing mouth on the top one
Skulls & Dirt
  • Chocolate pudding and tiny chocolate sprinkles with two skull rings rising up from the "dirt"
Intestines!
  • Thin strips of hot dog slices tossed in some ketchup
For added fun I put some googly eyes on her silverware :)

Not pictured: Fruitables juice box

10 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea! If you get a chance, I'd love to have you link up to my party at http://scrapbookingez.blogspot.com/2011/10/one-stop-thurs-party-anything-goes.html. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Digital - Thanks I will!

    @Diana - It was fun to make. She loved it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Have been trying to get the girls to try deviled eggs and that might be the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When my daughter was little, I told her the middle of the egg was cheese haha she knows it's not now but she still calls it that... ;)

    I tend to make her deviled egg more on the sweet side too by using a little sweet pickle juice in lieu of vinegar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Keeley - I'm featuring your awesome Halloween lunchbox ideas tomorrow on my Lunchbox Love party! Congratulations :)

    Lisa @ Allergy Free Vintage Cookery

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure how I missed this one, but <3 it! He looks like a creepy Sponge Bob.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's awesome! Such great ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...