Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Little Lunch Lessons: C-h-r-i-s-t In My H-e-a-r-t #TuesdayTeachings

For the last couple days, Little Miss has been running around the house (even at the bus stop) singing one of the songs I remember even from my youth singing in Bible school on Sunday's: "I am a C-h-r-i-s-t-i-a-n". 

So for this week's Little Lunch Lessons {Tuesday Teachings}, I decided to make a fun themed one based on the song she's had in her heart. 

I remember being very young and loving singing this in song in church. Each time around, you'd sing the lyrics faster and faster. Sometimes, we'd even do a stand-up/ sit-down game during the song and all the kids would be rolling with laughter by the time it was through.

Such great memories and I loved being able to share them with Little Miss when we talked about the song.

I am a C
I am a C-H
I am a C-H-R-I-S-T-I-A-N
and I have C-H-R-I-S-T
in my H-E-A-R-T
and I will L-I-V-E  E-T-E-R-N-A-L-L-Y
(repeat)

So naturally, we had to sing it together and do it the way Mama use to. She thought that was hilarious. :) 



Lunch is basic but fun thanks to a little added flair from my heart cookie cutter sets. 

She has an Udi's gluten, nut, dairy, & soy free tortilla to make quesadilla hearts. They surrounded by mini heart carrot cutouts. I also cut the word Christ out of carrot with my mini letter cutters, to represent the part of the song "C-h-r-i-s-t in my H-e-a-r-t". 

Also packed are additional carrot sticks, watermelon, and a strawberry heart in an EasyLunchboxes container.

You can view our past few weeks of "Little Lunch Lessons" by clicking HERE

Photobucket



   





No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...