Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Lunch Made Easy: Simple Snowflake Salad {Advent School Lunches Christmas Countdown}

After all there's only {13} more sleeps til' Christmas!
 
In my head, I sing that along to the song from Muppet Christmas Carol ~ You know which one I'm talking about? Love that movie. ♥ I just change the words from "one more sleep" to how many our left on our Advent School Lunches Christmas Countdown.
 
Keeping it simple today with this Snowflake Salad bento for my Little Miss: 
 


Little Miss has a romaine lettuce salad with freshly grated carrot. It's topped with turkey and cheese snowflakes I cut used our mini snowflake cookie cutters.
 
A simple way to add some seasonal cheer to something as fresh and quick to put together as a salad.
 
She also has two Enjoy Life Soft-Baked Snickerdoodle Cookies. Enjoy Life is free of the Top 8 Allergens. I used our mini snowflake cutter on the cookies to also make them into snowflake shapes.
 
Lastly, a red delicious apple with a snowflake reveal cut out from the front. (I get asked this question quite often:) To keep the apple from browning, I soak it in apple juice.
 
Allergy Friendly Notes:
  • This lunch is gluten, peanut, tree nut, and egg free.
  • To keep it completely dairy free, use a rice or soy based non-dairy cheese for the snowflakes.
  • Lunch can also be kept soy free depending on the brand of cheese used. 
  
Photobucket
 
 
  

1 comment:

Let me know your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...