Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Food for Thought: Crockpot Love - Cranberry Pork

I've made this recipe before in my crockpot/ slow cooker but the first time I made it with a Pork Loin. It was apparently so good, my boyfriend and Little Miss at it all before I even got home from work! (lol, they did ask if it was OK first ;).) WELL, this week boneless pork chops happened to be on sale and I thought why not try it with those! Mmm, it worked out great too!


Here's how I did it --




You'll need (1) can of Cranberry Sauce, 1/3 cup of French Dressing, and 1/4 of an Onion Diced.
I also used (5) boneless regualr cut Pork Chops.

First, spray your pot with cooking spray.
Then place your pork in the pot.


In a medium bowl, mix together the dressing, cranberry sauce, and diced onion.


(It may look strange but it's gooooooooood trust me!)


Pour the mixture over the pork chops.
Since I used chops instead of a loin this time, I made sure to spoon it inbetween and all around them.


Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.



 
Voila! It's that simple. Serve with a nice steamed veggie side, mmm... so good!

The combination of the french dressing and cranberry sauce gives the pork a juicy, sweet marinade. It will just fall apart!

And I actually got one this time! haha :)




2 comments:

  1. That looks so good BUT cranberry sauce is HIGH in carbs! I'm going to have to see if I can find an alternative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, it's not that bad Diana. The kind I used has 25 per 1/4 cup. It's also used more as a marinade in this setting; You're not necessarily eating in slices or as whole berries. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...