Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Craft Complete: DIY No-Sew Bag (Revisited for Kids)

If you remember my previous post from a couple weeks ago, Craft Complete: No Sew DIY Tote Bag (Made from a T'Shirt!) I mentioned I'd be revisiting this to do a small bag for my daughter.

I wanted to share it with you!



I first followed the directions just as I did for my own tote bag I made.
Here's the link again: http://keeleymcguire.blogspot.com/2011/05/craft-complete-no-sew-diy-tote-bag-made.html

I chose this shirt, WHICH I LOVE, because she outgrew it and I had just been hanging on to it. What better what to upcycle then make her a cute bag from it?!
It reads "Sugar And Spice", "But No Peanuts, I'm Allergic".



I debated whether or not I wanted to leave the fringe on the bottom of hers... but then decided against it knowing how kids are and that she'd just drag it everywhere getting it dirty and ratty. lol



In the end we added some ribbon bows and also a keychain from beads on the side with her initials.
Simple. Cute. And she wants to take it everywhere.





In fact on our recent trip to the health food store, you can see it in the front of her kiddy kart. :)
She filled the bag with what she could when we checked out and enjoyed carrying some of the groceries.
I love teaching her to utilize reusable sacks at the store! Just like Mama. ;)

3 comments:

  1. Awesome project! I have so many wee shirts that my daughter has outgrown, and I've been wanting to make her a purse or tote. New sew? You're speaking my language!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! No sew is my language too. ;)
    It's really simple and fun to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter is adorable! Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier today!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...