Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Lunch Made Easy: GF Hawaiian Pizza Quesadilla #Udisglutenfree #Recipe

My mother has never been a big fan of pizza. 

As a child, you could eat it every day. Who am I kidding, as an adult I could too. So, whenever we craved it she would most often opt for something else. There was one flavor, however, that she would make an exception for: Hawaiian Pizza.

In our family of five, I was the only other one who would eat it with her. I obsessed over loved pineapple growing up, so the idea of it being on a pizza I found both odd and delicious.

Fast forward to my adulthood, Hawaiian Pizza is something I don't have often. I can't say it is something the fella would ever want to order and Little Miss is still on the fence when it comes to Pineapple (except when baked in a cake). So, to get my fix, I make my own personal {gluten free} Hawaiian Pizza Quesadillas thanks to Udi's Gluten Free tortillas! 

But I warn you... these taste better than the actual pizza! 


The ingredients are quite simple:
  • 2 large size Udi's Gluten Free tortillas
  • 1/4 cup of diced pineapple - fresh or canned, just make sure it's drained
  • 1/4 cup of diced ham
  • 1/4 cup of shredded cheese - regular or dairy free
  • 2 tablespoons of pizza sauce
  • and... optional but totally necessary... 2 slices of leftover bacon, crumbled and/or cut up into small pieces
I know, leftover bacon... what's that? ;) Trust me, you will love the tasty addition to the quesadilla. Put it in!

With Easter this weekend, for those who celebrate it, many enjoy a large ham - that can mean tons of leftovers. This would be a great way to utilize that ham for lunch or supper next week!


When I'm assembling my quesadilla, I like to do it in layers: Half the cheese, then half the ham, half the pineapple. Then I spoon dabs of the sauce over the first layer of toppings. I then add the crumbled bacon and the rest of my toppings, with the remaining cheese being last.

I like to do it this way so it helps hold the quesadilla together and ensures I get yummy bits in every bite!


Warm a greased skillet (with butter or cooking spray) on your stove top on medium heat. 

Top the quesadilla with your other tortilla and slide the quesadilla into your pan once it's heated.


Heat on both sides for 2-3 minutes until golden brown and cheese is melty. (That's a technical term.)

Transfer your quesadilla onto a cutting board and let cool before slicing with a pizza cutter. Important step - if you cut it when it's too hot, you'll have a big ol' mess on your hands. Let that baby set.


I mean seriously, y'all... look at those fillings. Promise me you'll make this - even if you've never liked Hawaiian Pizza in the past. It is THAT GOOD.


You should be able to get two lunch size servings from the above recipe (3-4 quesadilla slices each). Super yummy, super filling, super delicious. 

Pack it in your favorite lunch container with veggies and fruit on the side.


Searching for more delicious gluten free recipes?
You can also share your own creations or ask questions on Facebook.

Photobucket



Let's Share: What's your go-to Gluten Free dish?


Learn more about living gluten free! Visit http://udisglutenfree.com/community 

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Udi's Gluten Free. The opinions and text are all mine.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...