Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Lunch Made Easy: Veggie Lasagna Cups for School & Work Lunches

When I first made these Gluten Free, Grain Free Veggie Lasagna Cups for MOMables, Little Miss immediately fell in love. So much so, I had to pull more out of the freezer stash already so she could have more on hand.
I decided to pack them up for lunch today for both our school and work lunches!
First up, Little Miss:


Little Miss has two Veggie Lasagna cups. I baked them in silicone cupcake liners. Their classroom has a microwave they are allowed to use at lunch time, this way she can reheat them if she would like or enjoy them at room temperature.
For a treat, she'll be enjoying a Double Chocolate cookie by Mary's Gone Crackers that came in our October Savorfull box of goodies!  These cookies are Certified Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free, Soy Free, Peanut Free, & Tree Nut free.
She also has a banana and mandarin orange slices packed up in her EasyLunchboxes container.



Mama also has a Veggie Lasagna Cup for work today. Yes! I love them too!


I've packed mine with mandarin oranges and a spinach salad, topped with broccoli slaw. I love the added crunch it gives.

In my EasyLunchboxes Mini Dipper I have Chobani Champions Very Berry Yogurt topped with EnjoyLife Double Chocolate Granola Crunch.
 
Photobucket
 

9 comments:

  1. Great now I am hungry for lazagna... Love lasagna in small packages and so does my kiddo great yummy lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those lasagna cups look great, but I often have issues with reheating gf pasta... I find it often gets harder in texture. At least the brown rice ones. What kind of pasta do you use? Is the recipe on momables?
    -Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok just saw the link! Love your recipe :)) so genius to NOT use pasta! Take away the problem and adds veggie goodness.
    -Dana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lasagna cups! That's a GENIUS idea!! Thank you for linking up to Grown-Ups Gotta Eat!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. um...how is this veggie lasagna if it's made with beef?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Veggie, not vegetarian... because it's made with vegetables (zucchini, squash, mushroom, etc.) and not grains or pastas. You could always sub for meatless crumbles. Thanks!!

      Delete
  6. how do you keep your food warm? little mister's daycare doesn't heat up his food.. so i am always looking for foods that can stay warm in a thermos or do not need heating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jaclyn, good question - It really depends on the meal. I'm also lucky my daughter had access to a microwave in her classroom to use for lunches the last two years. That's why I pack hers in silicone cups so she can easily reheat. EasyLunchboxes are also microwaveable. Otherwise, thermoses are GREAT to use! Just heat the core first before packing your items. Thanks!

      Delete
  7. My daughter has a soy allergy and I was excited for the possibility of the Mary's Gone Crackers cookies, but most varieties contain soy and the double chocolate, although no soy in ingredients, is processed on equipment that processes soy products! I wish more "healthy allergy friendly" companies would stop using soy products!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...