Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Lunch Made Easy: All Signs Point to LUNCH!

Sometimes simple school lunches can be made fun with just a few picks and colorful pieces!



Lunch was inspired by these fabulous traffic themed picks that Little Miss received from our dear friend from BentoSchoolLunches. (Thank you Rina!!)

Little Miss has a turkey and cheese sandwich on gluten-free bread with two picks of red seedless grapes and carrot sticks in between.

We also have packed in our EasyLunchboxes container a hard boiled egg done in our car egg mold.

Plus, two "wheel" banana cookie sandwiches made with HomeFree Mini Chocolate Crunch cookies. Yum!

Super simple: Take two cookies and a banana slice. Form a cookie and lightly squish them together. The 'stickiness' of the banana will keep them together.

 
 
After posting yesterday's lunch, I was asked on facebook about bananas browning in the lunchbox.
 
Prep them just like you would apple slices. For apples, I like using apple juice. For bananas, try spritzing the slices in pineapple, orange, or lemon juice.
 
Enjoy!
 
 




6 comments:

  1. Love it! The road signs are so fun :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I am loving the bite sized treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's my pleasure Keeley and thanks for the mention!:) I love the cute lunch especially the banana cookies, looks like wheels to me and I am sure it is yummy. Good to know that you can prevent bananas from turning brown, I must give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Keeley, love the transportation theme! That egg cutter is adorable. My girl just started pre-k and I have to pack lunch and 2 snacks every day - thank goodness for your blog! I have been using it for inspiration all week. Awesome idea about keeping fruit from browning. My girl refuses to eat brown apples :)
    -Dana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to try the cookies with bananas between. Looks yummy ans simple for my little boy with multiple food allergies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved your post- I have 3 kids- two are off the charts anaphalactic to dairy, eggs, nuts, treenuts, and bananas. Cookbook? Title pls. And is allergen free cooking? Thx!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...