Sunday, July 29, 2012

Lunch Made Easy: MOMables Monday - Nugget Love

Happy MOMables Monday friends! :)

Packing one of Little Miss' favorites for lunch tomorrow - Homemade Chicken Nuggets. We make ours gluten-free, of course.

Lunch is heart shaped chicken nuggets, two heart shaped picks of red seedless grapes, a heart shaped hard boiled egg, and baby carrots with a couple sweet red pepper slices mixed in with a silicone cup of dip.

Lunch is packed in our EasyLunchBoxes container.


We've made the MOMables recipe three times now. To make them gluten-free, I use my homemade GF bread crumbs.

Wondering what I do with "bento bread scraps", such as crusts and bread pieces leftover from my cookie cutter sandwiches? I keep them in a freezer bag in the freezer and use them to make my own gluten-free bread crumbs and croutons! No need to waste a good thing. :)

TIP: I also recommend processing the oats into a flour that are called for in the recipe. Little Miss likes them better that way. Then they're not noticable rather than biting into and finding an oat in the nugget.








3 comments:

  1. Nuggets are my fav. And home made gluten free nuggets, Awesome!! Thanks a lot for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My guy loves nuggets! I would love for you to link this to my Valentine's Traditions link up. It has a food creations section.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Keeley :0) May I have your recipe for the gluten free nuggets, I am a first time mom and first time cook (lol-ate out mostly). Thank you so much! t

    Melissa @ m.latulippe1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...