Thursday, April 5, 2012

Snackable: No-Bake Bitty Bites (Challenge Accepted!)

Jennifer over at Crunch A Color "challenged me" to make a gluten-free version of her No-Bake Bitty Bites.
Challenge Accepted.
Result - DELICIOUS.





A special thank you to Real Food, Allergy free for this tip  which I've been using on the regular for baking since going gluten-free regarding Oat Flour.

Makes 12-16 cookies
Ingredients:

  • ½ cup GF oats
  • ¼ cup GF oat flour
  • ¼ cup SunButter Creamy Spread
  • ¼ cup honey
  • 1 Tbsp powdered sugar

A great tip via Crunch A Color: Lightly grease a measuring cup before adding the honey. It'll make it easy for the honey to slip right off into the mixing bowl. *I never knew and it worked perfectly!*


Directions:

  • In a small bowl, combine the oats, oat flour, SunButter and honey.

  • Option: Add dried cranberries or raisins - Little Miss chose raisins! Yum!

  • Mix well.

  • Use a tablespoon to portion a small amount of dough into your hands. Roll into a ball the size of a large marble.

  • Roll the balls in the powdered sugar.

  • Serve immediately or refrigerate for later.

I highly recommend giving these No-Bake Gluten Free, Peanut Free, Tree Nut Free, Egg Free, & Dairy Free delicious treats a try!
















15 comments:

  1. Love it! I love all the pics showing how you made these tasty little bites. Good job! Credit has to go to my daughter for naming them -- it was her idea to call them Bitty Bites :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you use some other flour? My son has an oat allergy and perhaps substitute the oats with enjoy life granola?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely! Can he do Almonds? While I was making them I was already thinking of what else could work - any type of gluten-free multi purpose flour, an almond flour would also work if you can do almonds - that would also give it a nice flavor, I think. Granola could also be easily added. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whole Foods and other health stores sell coconut and tapioca flour I'm going to try that may make a nice substitute for oat flour. I bought it but haven't used it yet. I see a lot of it used in my vegan recipes use it for cookies. These look delicious! I may make them over the weekend. Thanks, Keeley!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are perfect! Great job on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you ever make them with coconut butter/spread?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not since that's not something we usually buy unless for a specific recipe need. If you try it, let me know how it turns out!!

      Delete
  7. They are delicious with almond meal, my one year old was eating them as fast as I could make them!! Great to have something gluten free and easy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear that, Sarah!! We love them too. :)

      Delete
  8. They are delicious with almond meal, my one year old was eating them as fast as I could make them!! Great to have something gluten free and easy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. quick cooking oats or regular? Does it matter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just used my regular certified GF oats. Thanks!

      Delete
  10. Have you ever tried Quinoa Flakes? That could be another option instead of oats.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cannot wait to make these tonight! I have 27 severe allergies, so treats become difficult. These look delicious!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...