So you know how when you see a recipe on Pinterest that catches your eye and you can't wait to try it... Yeah, this is one I was geeked to give a shot at. Yum! It seemed so simple and delicious ~ And it is.
I only changed a few things to make it gluten free and using items we like.
- 1 lb ground chicken (we use Perdue brand which is gluten free)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup gluten free bread crumbs (or gluten free, nut free oats)
- 1/2 can (14.5oz) of diced tomatoes with Italian herbs (oregano, basil, & garlic) - drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray loaf pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, egg, bread crumbs, tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese. Mix with hands, just like a meatloaf.
- Place the mixture in the loaf pan and form into a loaf.
- Top with the pasta sauce.
- Cover and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle on the mozzarella cheese. Place back in oven until cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven again and allow loaf to rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
We gobbled this up so quick, I almost forgot my "after pic" so I'm thankful I quickly snapped this before it was all gone! LOL
Everyone loved this - the fella and Little Miss. We sprinkled a little extra Parm on top when we served it too.