Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Lunch Made Easy: Twenty Days until Halloween!

With only 20 calendar days left until Halloween I figured it time to start having some "holiday fun" with Little Miss' school lunch. Hehehe! :)




I toasted some pizza sauce and mozzerela cheese in my toaster oven on some bread, placing the mozz in the form of a spider web. On top is a green spider ring I stuck in it.

To the right are two Halloween Oreo Cookies, some Apple Slices, and some Halloween/Ghost shaped Marshmallows at the top. There's a Black Bat Ring also stuck inbetween the marshmallows and apples.

I made the finger out of string cheese. I carved the knuckles with my pairing knife and colored the nail with my food writer red pen.  There's also a few Autumn Mix candy corn/ pumpkins tossed in there.

On the right side are the leftover string cheese pieces tucked around (why waste them?!). There's a pumpkin cupcake liner with Cantaloupe and Grapes with a Pumpkin flag pick. The small container has some Strawberry Mott's Medley Applesauce in it. I stuck two Candy Eyes in it to give it a "creepy" factor. Little Miss said the first thing she was going to do was pick those out because they were scary looking. lol :)

 









8 comments:

  1. Boo-tiful! Love it! We'll have a Halloween theme at the end of the month, so you'll have to add this one to the meme then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! She must have been so excited when she opened her lunch box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So clever! I bet your daughter thought it was the coolest thing ever, and I bet all her friends were jealous. ;) I'd love for you to link up here:

    http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2011/10/fall-craft-challenge-5-kids-craft-or.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. new to your blog... but this one is a GREAT IDEA (and easy to do dairy-free, by using soy/rice cheese instead of the cow cheese)

    Am I right in thinking those are rubbermaind divided rectangles? (if so, we use the same containers)... I really love them, too... so durable and good quality for the money.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone!

    @Kat - you are correct :) I primarily use those or my ziploc divided containers as well. Inexpensive and durable. Plus, if something happens to them, no big deal! (One day last school year, a little boy thought it'd be funny to step right on her lunch box so it completely cracked. He got in trouble and I wasn't out $$ having to throw it away.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh this is so cute! Love all your fun lunch ideas. I am a new follower from For the Kids Friday. Vicky from www.messforless.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that spider web pizza!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...