Monday, October 31, 2011

Food for Thought: Mexican Chicken Alfredo

Mmm, this was such an easy & yummy meal we had last night! I found this recipe in my Simple & Delicious catalog I received at the Taste of Home Cooking School I attended in September.


What You'll Need:
Note originally recipe called for two batches, one for now and one to freeze for later. I divided in half since I was only making it for the evening. Just double mine up if you'd like to do their recommended 2for1 plan.

1/2 box (16 oz) of pasta of choice - I used Mini-Picollini
1 lb of boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed (or just by the predone kind *wink wink*)
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1/4 tsp of salt & pepper
1 tbsp of canola oil
1 jar of Alfredo Sauce (15 oz)
1/2 cup of grated Parmesean Cheese
1/8 cup of 2% milk
1 tsp of taco seasoning

Cook pasta to package directions. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook the chicken, onion, salt and pepper in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in Alfredo Sauce; bring to a boil. Stir in cheese, salsa, milk, & taco seasoning.
Drain pasta then toss with chicken mixture. Pour in greased 8" square baking dish.
Cover and bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
I spinkled additonal parmesean ontop when plated. :)

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. If I just leave the chicken out, this would be PERFECT for my vegetarian hubby. He loves Mexican food and alfredo sauce is his number 1 pasta topper! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...