Friday, June 3, 2011

Food for Thought: Thank You Brownies... Please Accept Them?

Okay, let me first explain by talking about what happened yesterday...

I get a phone call at work from my daughter's teacher. (She's in full-day Kindergarten.) Haley apparently left her lunch box on her AM Daycare Bus that transports her to school from Daycare. *sigh*
This is bad for a couple reasons -
1) She has a severe peanut allergy and even though they do their best to keep things with loose peanuts out of the cafeteria, they cannot guarantee everything is without a peanut warning. The main reason I strated packing her lunches every day - for peace of mind.
2) Both my boyfriend and I work over an hour away in opposite directions from her school, so I can't exactly quick run over to fix "the problem".

Alas, her daycare came to the rescue...

Knowing her allergies, and also considering she's never done this before, someone there was kind enough to drive it all the way over to her school later that morning ensuring it was there before her lunch hour. *My hero*

In an effort to show my appreciation, besides the 100x I said it to the director on the phone, Haley and I both signed a Thank You card and then we made Junior Mint Brownies. :)

Here's how it's done:

First, you can either make your fave at homemade brownie recipe OR just fix up the kind out of the box, just as the directions state.

After their done cooking, immediately spread out a box Theatre Size Box of Junior Mints all over the top of the brownies.


Immediately cover with aluminum foil, tightly, and wait 10-15 minutes for them to melt. :)


After the 10-15 minutes, gently spread the melted junior mints all over the top of the brownies.
Then let brownies completely cool.

When they're cool, they will have created a candy coated mint topping on the brownies.
OMGoodness! They smell SO yummy. (I made two pans - I was tempted to keep one, BUT I couldn't, lol)


This morning I stacked the containers, tied a ribbon around it, and called it good.
It's a sufficient Thank You, right?! :)
Now to have the wonderful, torturous smell all in my car... mmm...

4 comments:

  1. Thus another reason why you are an amazing person, a wonderful mom and a beautiful friend. More than the "thank you", just think about the lesson you taught little miss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww thank you! :)
    I didn't mention in the post she also go in trouble at daycare that same morning she left her lunch *ahem* so it was just not a good day for her. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm these sound AMAZING! I can't wait to try our the recipe. You're blog is incredibly cute, i've had SO much fun just glancing through all the posts. :)

    Thanks for the smiles,
    Jenipher

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously think of you every time I see junior mints :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...