Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Little Lunch Lessons: We are the Harvest #TuesdayTeachings #LBLmoms

With this week being Halloween, my goal was to do fun lunches all week in keeping with the "holiday theme"... but when it came to our {Tuesday Teachings} Little Lunch Lessons, how would I incorporate that?

So, I started focusing on fall itself... and harvesting. The bible talks a lot about "harvest"- from a food perspective and metaphorically, as well. 

After reading a few passages, my favorite verse came from Matthew 9:38 and inspired today's school lunch

“Ask the Lord of the Harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.”  Matthew 9:38

What does that mean?

The harvest is the time of year when farmers gather their crops before the winter.  All year long they work to grow their crops and it's especially exciting because their hard work has paid off and they can enjoy the food they grew.  

People are like the harvest, as well.  We are Christians, we are like farmers. God’s field is the whole world.  The world is full of people who need to hear about Jesus and we need to go and tell them! (Source: Ministry-to-Children.com)

Now, I'm a firm believer in letting people make their own, and respecting, their decisions - what religion, if any, to follow. I am not a "cram it down your throat" person... but I believe we tell people about our faith by our actions. (You know the saying, "actions speak louder than words".) Through giving. Through friendship. Through love and compassion. By serving others. By living like Jesus. This is how I choose to raise Little Miss and how I try to lead by example. 



Lunch details:

I packed Little Miss a fun harvest & fall themed lunch in one of our EasyLunchboxes containers. 

Here she has a Sunbutter & honey sandwich on Udi's gluten, nut, dairy, & soy free bread. 

I got the leaf idea from Little Nummies and Little Miss thought it was awesome! Simply cut the leaf shape from the top slice of bread, then I ran a toothpick through the Sunbutter for the details. Easy!

The sandwich also has two leaf cutout cucumbers on top of it.

Also packed is a silicone pumpkin shaped cupcake liner filled with organic corn and a pumpkin cupcake ring pick, as well as, apple slices with a leaf detailing. The apple leaf idea was inspired by Meet the DubiensI use apple juice to keep our slices from browning - I soak them for a few minutes after slicing.

On the top photo, I included the Little Lunch Lesson verse on a blank Lunchbox Love Note card


Photobucket


  



3 comments:

  1. Lovely lesson! I really like the way you chose to approach it. I totally agree with sharing faith through example. If people ask questions, we go from there.
    Love the leaves! very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bento looks amazing !!! Love the PB sandwich ..
    I have a worldwide Giveaway of 2 copies of my book-"Fun Food for Fussy Little Eaters' would love you t join in !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful lunchbox, Keeley - both in presentation and content! Little Miss is lucky to have such a creative, thoughtful mom!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...