Thursday, September 19, 2013

Lunch Made Easy: Talk Like A Pirate Day! Arrr!

September 19th is International Talk Like A Pirate Day! 
A fun excuse of a day to go around today and... talk like a pirate!

Little Miss gets a kick out of it each year. Last year, we had a little Tampa Bay Buccaneers fun in Piratey themed lunch box

Went for a much simpler approach this year ;) Plus, I'm not sure you've noticed, but I've been trying to steer away from as much artificial colors and added gunk as possible (it happens sometimes, but I don't need to add fuel to the fire - so to speak).

Avast! Here be the midday meal fer me girl offsprin' (See pirate talk is fun, hehe):


A few months back, I had made at home Little Miss a fun Pirate Plate fer lunch. We were playing pirates at home after church. She made us a treasure chest and I made her a treasure map to find where I hid it. It was adorable fun! Complete with costumes. (You can view all our pics on our Instagram page.)

Real pirates wear pink! ;) 
Her lunch that day is where I took inspiration for this one. I made her a simple "X marks the spot" sandwich on allergy friendly bread (Breads from Anna brand - gluten, dairy, corn, nut, soy, & rice free). 

Surrounding her sandwich are carrot treasure coins and a (nitrate & gluten free hot dog) Octopus.

She also has fruit skewers on Pirate sword picks on a bed of peach slices. All packed in her Planetbox Shuttle


Heartly enjoy ye' day! Arr!

Photobucket

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...