Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Lunch Made Easy: GF Pizza Boats

What do you do when you only have one slice of gluten-free bread left?
Transform a leftover GF hot dog bun into Pizza Boats!



We love Udi's gluten free hot dog buns, for more than just dogs & brats. They're actually larger and more like a bakery style bun than your off-the-shelf "regular hot dog bun".  

So Little Miss and I added some sauce, pepperoni, and cheese then toasted them just until melted.

They fit so perfectly inside her EasyLunchBoxes container. :)

Lunch is finished off with watermelon dices and a baby spinach side salad.

Her cute little chick bottle contains zesty italian dressing.




allthingsforsale.com Bento Products

6 comments:

  1. I've done that before with hotdog buns AND with hamburger buns... my kids actually prefer buns or bread to the traditional english muffin crust, so it works and it's usually less pricy. They also like it made on tortillas... so if I have small ones, I make "stuffed" pizza... (kind of like a pizza quesadilla, really) and if I have big ones, I make pizza roll-ups.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummo! Lucky Little Miss :)

    I love how you inspire parents of kids with allergies by showing them that allergy-safe no nut lunches don't have to be no fun lunches! Which is why I’ve awarded you the One Lovely Blog & Very Inspiring Blogger Award! You can find out all about it by clicking here You’re under no obligation to accept it, I just wanted to recognize you :) Thanks for blogging so awesomely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did you keep it warm though?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't ~ Thankfully my daughter enjoys pizza, or pizza breads, at room temperature. Should she want it heated, she also has access to a microwave in her classroom. Thanks!

      Delete

Let me know your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...