Sunday, June 10, 2012

Lunch Made Easy: MOMables Monday - GF Italian Mini Quiches

It's also Little Miss' first day at her babysitter's house for the summer, which she is excited to see all her friends there again. :)



Monday's lunch was based off this MOMables menu plan:


To make them GF, I used Gluten Free Bisquick Mix. In lieu of pepperoni, I used GF bacon bits. I also mixed half mozzarella and half cheddar cheese for my 1 cup the recipe called for.

So great because I split the batch I baked in half - placing on half in the freezer and the other I divided between her lunch for Monday and the others in the refrigerator so she could have them again later this week.


I also gave her a small container of marinara for dipping her quiche bites. I thought she would like the combo - reminding her of a pizza type bite. :)

Top left is a watermelon and grape medley of fruit with a small dog fork pick for eating.

Top right is baby spinach side salad.

Just because it’s summer doesn’t mean your kids aren’t eating lunch! Even with hectic summer schedules, fresh is still best. Between June 25th and August 10th, MOMables will share 3 fresh dinner ideas and 2 lunch options your family will love.

Planning during the summer helps avoid costly convenience foods and unhealthy drive-thru meals. As always, your weekly download will be filled with prep-ahead tips, 5 meals and a convenient shopping list.



4 comments:

  1. I have such a hard time getting my children to eat. These lunch ideas are great! thank you for posting them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much Bisque do you use. The print is too small and I can't find the recipe on momables.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's because the recipe is part of the menu plans; You can subscribe on their website for access. Thanks! http://momables.com/dap/a/?a=3424

      Delete

Let me know your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...