Monday, February 6, 2012

Lunch Made Easy: By BentOnBetterLunches

Continuing my vacation series - Next up is my bento hero, Candy Girl of BentOnBetterLunches!
I call her my bento hero because the woman has FIVE kids, manages to make them all healthy and beautiful bentos, AND blog about it! (I. Am. In. Awe. lol)

She's the proud Mama to her Sproutlets - Beanstalk,  Bella, Pickle, Sprout, and Birdie.


One thing I must mention (for all your PB eaters *ahem* lol) she is on on a mission - well not really a mission, more like... okay, nevermind IS a mission :) to create 101 different peanut butter sandwiches for her son, Pickle. He has autism and Candy Girl says "(he) is extremely habitual with what he eats. His preferred lunch is a peanut butter sandwich - he has one nearly every day. Sometimes he has two a day."


So after making him probably his 123974927348237947298479237 sandwich, she decided to set a goal and catalog 101 different PB sandwiches. It's pretty amazing actually! For someone like me, I just imagine making them with Sunbutter instead. What a great inspiration!!

As far as love/hearts/Valentine's bentos go, Candy Girl has made some of the most adorable ones I've ever seen:

I adore her "Always Remember I Love You" bento packed inside this EasyLunchBox container. From the carrot hearts, the pinwheel sandwiches, and the hand cutout heart into the apple slice peel - just an all around beautiful display of affection inside a lunch.



Another great inspiration for the upcoming holiday is her "Hugs and Kisses" bento shown above. Again, I love all the details - the tiny ham and cheese X, O, and heart cutouts. Always crisp colors in all her foods!


This nibble tray she created for her girls looks so deliciously cute! Apple hearts with yogurt for dipping, strawberries, cheese, meat, and little heart and shapes pancake bites. Yummo! Little Miss would adore this and probably the tray itself too - so cute.


Check out BentOnBetterLunches for even more yummy inspirations or "like" it on Facebook so you don't miss a beat!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, you made me blush :) <3
    You're one of MY heroes! You make these fabulous artistic nut-free lunches - AND advocate for your Little Miss - AND work full time. You are an inspiration to me :) *cue Bette Midler song*

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...