Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Food for Thought: Broccoli Chicken Noodle Casserole

This is such a simple casserole but was a staple recipe my mom would make in our house growing up. I've always loved it and now I make it for my little family quite regularly. :)

Broccoli Chicken Noodle Casserole -



Here's what I use --



3/4 of a bag of Egg Noodles
1 can of Cream of Chicken Soup (you could also use Cream of Mushroom, Cream of Broccoli, or I've even used Cream of Chicken & Cheese - all depends how you want to sway your flavors)
1 cup of chopped broccoli (I typically use the frozen kind - make sure it's thawed)
1/2 cup of diced Velveeta chunks
1 can of large chicken breast (or fresh chicken breast chunks, if you have them - My mama always made it the easy way - from a can, lol)



First, boil your noodles on the stove top.

While they're cooking, spray your baking dish with cooking spray and pour in your Cream of _______ soup (whichever you choose) and broccoli dices.
After the noodles are done, drain them and then add to your baking dish. Mix the noodles, broccoli, and soup together. Add your chicken breast (drained if from a can with water) and mix together.
Then add in your velveeta dices. I try to spread them out and mix them evenly as best I can.




Bake at 350 degree for approximately 45-50 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.


Yummo!

I prepped the casserole this morning and the fella threw it in the oven when he got home... he let it cook just a wee bit too long ;) but it still tasted delish!



1 comment:

  1. mmmmm....looks great! Broccoli and chicken are such a great combo :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...