Friday, September 16, 2011

Snackable: No-Bake Sunbutter & Chocolate Chunk Granola Balls

This awesome recipe first started with an idea from Mermaid B over at ...And, yes, I have a full time job.

The recipe she originally linked up had peanut butter and a few different ingredients. I thought, HEY, I can make those peanut free for Little Miss AND put my own spin on it to be a little bit healthier! So I did. :)



Here's what I used:

1 cup of Sunbutter (<-- a staple in our house!)
1/3 cup of sugar
1/3 cup of milk
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 cup of Kashi GoLean Crucnch Cereal  (<-- this stuff is so good FOR you and yummy!)
1 cup of Enjoy Life Mega Chocolate Chunks

(All products are Peanut Free)



First I blended the Sunbutter, Sugar, Vanilla, & Milk until creamy and smooth


I then added the Cereal & Chocolate Chunks. Mixing until all ingredients are coated.


Lining a baking sheet with parchment paper, I then rolled the mixture into 1" balls (approx). It's a little sticky and messy, but Little Miss enjoyed helping along the way (and eating the mixture in the process, lol).

Chill in the refrigerator for about two hours or until firm.


They should peel right off the parchment paper when done. :)

You could sprinkle a little powder sugar on them, if desired, but Little Miss and I thought they were deliciously sweet as is.

My batch yielded 17 granola balls. We probably could've got 18-20 but again, Little Miss and I "sampled" the mixture a couple times (lol) and we made some of them bigger than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...